Pages

Share Buttons

Share Button

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The State of our Economy

I have a huge problem regarding the lay offs of 100's of teachers in the Tucson Unified School District. I'm not sure if this is just the right decision to make for the children. I just wonder how many of these students are already dealing with a parent who has lost their job? Or maybe their family has lost their home? How about the summer programs for the underprivileged children? Will these programs also affected? How can we continue to miss the point with our society?

Two weeks ago I was watching T.V. with my girls.... they were watching the top 20 earning entertainers. These numbers were astonishing! Gwen Steffani earned 28 million dollars in 2008. I watched this show in disbelief and then walked around quoting these figures to people for the next 2 weeks....

I won't even get started about the big bailouts resting on the shoulders of the working class. I don't understand how unconnected with the real world these bailouts are.

Ok... so my point is: I just feel like we are living upside down. Our kids deserve the bailout package.. they will benefit the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment