Pages

Share Buttons

Share Button

Monday, February 23, 2009

Rodeo Week In Tucson Arizona

When we are young children a vacation from school is always welcome. Well in Tucson Arizona the last week of February is always Rodeo Vacation! How cool is that? Tucson Unified School district schedules Thursday and Friday as "Rodeo Vacation" When I was young, I thought all schools had Rodeo Vacation! I rode in our Rodeo Parade "La Fiesta de los Vaqueros" (The Fiest of the Cowboy's) I rode once as Old Fashion Fire Engines! On a budget of about $0 dollars, we died the sheets red and made ladders out of scrap wood and painted them black! Once I rode representing the 3 styles of horseback riding; English, Western and Bareback. I also rode with my 4-H group.... don't remember much about that except I needed "kelly green" pants. My mom shopped for those pants without much luck. We rode through the downtown area and it was really great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment